I love getting things from Greying Ghost Press in the mail. They stuff their packages with the most glorious extras—at the very least a pamphlet or two of new words, and often several other small treasures.
I just got Andrew Terhune‘s chapbook Helen Mirren Picks Out My Clothes. I was a little surprised it was still in stock (since there’s only 100 of them and it was released in 2009) so I was already feeling lucky. Plus the construction is beautiful, and the poems fill me with irrational joy. It’s Helen Mirren! Bossing him around!
It came with:
- Brian Foley‘s You Are on Fired
- Tyler Dorholt’s The Sound
- a torn page from a Flintstones children’s book
- a picture of a basset hound going to school
- an old post card of the reflecting pool in Washington, DC
- a piece of a comic I don’t recognize
- a Chip ‘n’ Dale playing card (Disney, not dirty)
- an old ad for a book called Muscles of Might
- a piece of another comic I don’t recognize
- an old ad that says ‘Nature Makes Beer’
- a map of the United States, east of Missouri
- sheet music with a buck on it
Anyway, do yourself a favor and give them some business.