I am leaving Bloomington for Chicago at 4:00 tomorrow. I am terrified, mostly because my car is going on fifteen years old and it doesn’t like going above 60 mph. I like to drive faster, usually, especially since moving to the midwest, but I’m going to have to be patient.
The best part about AWP is the bookfair. I will probably buy a gazillion things, like I did last year.
The second best thing about AWP is meeting people with whom I’ve only interacted online. If this means you, you should send me a message and we can exchange numbers and get a drink. Fair warning: I am awkward in real life—but, I’ve been told, endearingly so.
Alternatively, here’s an approximate list of places I will be and things I am looking forward to. If you’d like to stalk me, you may.
- On Thursday night I’ll be reading with the fine people of PANK, Annalemma, and Mud Luscious at Convocation in Chicago. It’s at the Beauty Bar and it starts at 7:00. I am nervous but it will be fine. I haven’t decided what I’m reading yet. You should get there early because it will be packed and I will be reading early.
- Then I have to take off for the Indiana Review / Gulf Coast reading at Buddy Guy’s Legends at 8:30. I will have to move quickly to make it on time. But it will be worth it because Ross Gay and D.A. Powell and other amazing people are reading.
- I will be at the Ploughshares table (N23) Thursday 10:15 – 11:45 and Friday 11:45 – 1:15.
- I will be at the Indiana Review table (???) Thursday 12:00 – 2:00.
- I am immensely excited for the following panels: Flash Points (R119), Recovery/Discovery (F140), Grad Journals (F240), Long Poems (S188), Chapbooks (S213), and Hybrid Bodies (S217).
Stalk me if you will.